Top Menu

Archive | March, 2016

Gold Standard Regulation?

The Environment Agency recently consulted the fracking industry on the regulations they need to follow. We know from various countries that a key nuisance and many health impacts come from damage to air quality. The advice to the industry seems to be less than robust. Just over half of one page of the 50 in […]

Continue Reading · 0 · Tim Thornton ·

What is in the water that comes back after a ‘frack’?

Of the 3 million gallons plus water that accompanies the sand and chemicals to perform the frack, around 30% returns to the surface. Where the remaining 70% goes to is uncertain according to the industry. The shale layer is millions of years old and contains a wide variety of chemicals as well as bubbles of […]

Continue Reading · 0 · Tim Thornton ·

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes